Margaret River Senior High School Homework Statement
Homework is a strategy to develop motivated students who achieve to the best of their ability and strive for excellence.
- Effective teaching/learning
- Completion of teaching/learning programs
To prepare students in lower school for upper school demands/rigour.
To develop a culture of excellence, supporting the school’s commitment to enrichment and engagement priorities.
Staff are required to set homework for students as part of the learning program.
Homework needs to be:
- Valid – linked to student’s learning program
- Purposeful – compliment/reinforce learning program
Staff are to ensure that:
- Diaries are filled in and used by students
- Completion of homework is monitored
- Feedback is provided in a timely manner as required
Staff are to inform parents if homework is not completed:
- A maximum of two consecutive homework items missed requires parental contact
- Records of parent contact are to be kept